Frankland Islands River & Reef Cruise
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Cairns, QLD
- Product code: FRI-CRUISE
This day is an all inclusive river cruise, reef and island experience travelling on the only commercial operator allowed to visit the totally uninhibited Franklin island. Normanby Island is a National Park, part coral cay continental island with a healthy and vibrant surrounding coral reef community. You can literally snorkel straight off the beach, with a vast array of tropical fish and the opportunity to swim along side sea turtles. With the shortest open water crossing you are there and home again in perfect timing.
This is an adventure not to miss.
- Enjoy the drive past rainforest clad mountain ranges and open fields of sugar cane
- Tour includes a river cruise, reef and island experience
- Maximum of 100 people
- Staff to customer ratio is an average of 8:1
- Take in the scenery on the 30 min Mulgrave River cruise with Commentary
- Use of Snorkelling Equipment, Including Tuition
- Protection suits are available free of charge
- Enjoy a refreshing lunch in the shade behind the beach
- Morning & Afternoon Tea served on the boat
- Guided Snorkelling Tour (depends on swimming ability)
- Guided Semi Submersible or Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Guided Island Walk with Rock Pool Discovery Tour
- Expert marine biologist onhand to explain the Frankland Island's unique eco system
- Optional activities include introductory and certified diving
- Prescription Masks and wet suits available for hire
- See if you can spot a crocodile on the return cruise up the Mulgrave River
- Cairns & Northern Beaches return coach Transfers available
What to bring: Your camera. Swim suit and beach towel. Hat, sunscreen and other sun protection. Cash for drinks at the bar, credit cards for shopping and optional tours.